K to 8th Grade Christian School
School begins at 8:15 a.m. and ends at 2:50 p.m. Students should arrive at school no earlier than 7:50 a.m. and no later than 8:10 a.m. If special arrangements need to be made regarding early arrival, parents should consult with the principal. Upon arrival at the school, all children are to proceed directly to their respective classrooms.
The procedure for departure is as follows:
- At 2:45 p.m., students riding Fairbanks busing are led to the bus that is waiting at the front of the multi-purpose building.
- At 2:50 p.m., students riding the Marysville bus are led to the lunchroom in the multi-purpose building to wait for the bus.
- At 2:50 p.m., walkers and riders are led to the gym to await their rides. Walkers are expected to go directly home. All children not riding the buses should be picked up no later that 3:10 p.m.
School Delays or Closings
St. John's Lutheran School (K-8) follows the Fairbanks Local School district for weather related delays and cancellations. To stay informed, all that is needed is to tune to ABC, NBC, CBS or FOX news channels on the television as well as listen to radio stations 610am, 97.9fm, 93.3fm, 1230am, 105.7fm, 94.7fm, 107.9fm, or 104.3fm.
During times of treacherous weather, if Fairbanks closes for the day, ALL St. John's Lutheran School will also be closed for that day.
Listen to those stations previously stated for information on a fog delay. Please note the differences for our Preschool and Alt K (1/2 day) programs.
- On a two hour delay K-8 students will begin classes at 10:15 a.m.
- On a two hour delay St. John's Preschool and Alt K students will report at the usual time.
JEC (Jaguar Education Connection) is available for childcare during a fog delay or any school delay, if the child has been pre-registered in the JEC Program. Payment is expected at the time the child is dropped off. Please call 937-644-5540 for more information.